Let the silliness begin!
Below is a list that has all of the information you need to know about the weekend. If it’s not in here, you don’t need to know. So don’t ask! It has the info (some of it for the 35th time) like what to wear and all of that.
Time to leave the worry and anxiety of your drudgery filled lives and have some fun with the greatest group of humans on the planet. So dust off your hamstrings for the run-on and get your rest tonight, because you are going to need it.
Seeing all of the old pics being posted brings back so many memories and I am sure we will make many more this weekend. Feel free to bring scrapbooks and other memorabilia to the banquet to share. Well, most stuff you can bring. Use some judgement. Some of the old Boyd House photos might get someone in trouble. Keep the pics coming as posts. It is getting people excited.
Most of all, put on your fun pants for the weekend. This only happens once. See your old friends. Make some new ones. Share a story or three. Tell some lies. You know the routine.
There are many people to thank for making this happen. We will give them their props this weekend. I hope you all enjoy.
- Friday- Golf- The Links at Norman. Click here for location and all that- Be there by 9:30. Tee times start at 10:00. This is an outing. Not a tournament but you are allowed to keep score if it involves wagering.
- Late lunch at O’connell’s after. Not sure if everyone is playing the full 18. Figure it out by talking to other humans when you get there.
- The 100th Banquet. Parking will be in the southeast corner of Lloyd Noble parking lot or wherever is open. The entrance to the Courtside Club is on the southwest corner of the building. Doors open at 6:00. Meal to be served approximately 7:20. Dress however you want. Most people are going with jacket and tie or polo. After this week I am leaning towards shorts and Hawaiian. I will be the one in the corner drinking cocktails. YOU will get a t-shirt for Saturday’s run-on. Not everyone in your party gets a shirt. If you will not be at the banquet, you can buy a shirt if we have left overs at the rugby clubhouse, Brooks and Trout east of the Stadium, from 9:15 to 9:30. I have made arrangements with some people who paid but cannot attend event. I would suggest having someone pick yours up at the banquet. We may have some in the stadium. No guaran-tees.
- There will be an auction with items listed in advance.
- The banquet will last until 8:30- 9:00 I am guessing. Tailgating and after parties on campus corner I am sure will happen. Again, communicate with others. I am sure some folks will have to get their beauty sleep.
- Game Day- I have attached a very detailed flier of what our pre-game festivities will look like. We must follow these to the letter. There is no deviation and you must be there on time. Please be respectful and be in a state that will not shed a bad light on our group. WE have worked hard for this moment.
- When we leave the field we have to go immediately. Obviously we can’t shoot the guns and all that. You had your day in the sun. Let it go and let the young ‘uns have theirs.
- After that; enjoy the game!
- Several people are setting up the tailgate at the Rugby Clubhouse during the game to be held during/after the game. Here is a map and other info. This building is very special to me and a lot of other people. Please treat it with the utmost respect. There are many items of value to the rugby club and please monitor that your guests are taking care. If you are bringing food donations, you drop them Friday after 3 and before 6. If not, before the game is fine.
- No need to register or anything for the tailgate. Just show up and have fun. We will only be serving food. Drinks are on your own.
- Who knows where this party will end.
- Sunday there is a Survivors Brunch at Sooner Legends. 10:00 AM. Boomer Room. This was a pre-paid thing. Jeff Jones set it up and it looks like fun.
- Monday- Some of you will need all of this day to recover.
If you have input, questions or would like to help in any way, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.